Text Neck Rescue
Last week, Dr. Joel blogged about the growing epidemic of ‘Text Neck’ and some of the signs and conditions associated with the condition of tilting your head forward over prolonged periods of time. This week we’ll focusing on a great mobility drill to counter act the effects of ‘Text Neck’ as well if you sit at a desk all day. Read the full Text Neck article here.
THE REVERSE SNOW ANGEL TO THE RESCUE
We are always talking in the office about how sitting down all day at a desk is breaking down our posture; the reverse snow angel is great for providing strength and stability of the scapular region and help to improve your posture. This exercise is an endurance exercise and should be done daily after sitting for long periods of time.
Place the forehead on the thick part of an AbMat or folded towel
Lie face down with the hands relaxed at the sides
• Keeping the shoulders seated tightly in the socket and arms locked out, raise the hands overhead
• Hands and arms should stay a few inches off the ground
• Return the hands to the sides, keeping the arms locked out and shoulders seated tightly in the socket
• Your head should never leave the floor
• If this becomes too easy then you can add weight plates to your hands (2.5 – 5Lbs.)
Repeat for 15-20 repetitions