TACO SALAD, ANYONE?
Fact – Everyone loves a good Taco Salad! This one is super quick, easy, delicious and Dr. Joel approved!!
Serving size 2-4 (or 1 Dr. Joel)
1lb ground turkey
1 red bell pepper
1/2 red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 bunch cilantro
1-2 heads of romaine, chopped (or whatever green you would like to use as your salad base)
2 T chili powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
Fresh salsa for garnish
Salt to taste
2 T olive oil
1 T fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 T cilantro, chopped
1 T water
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
1. Mix all of your spices together in a small bowl to create your taco seasoning. Chop your vegetables for the salad.
2. Heat a large skillet with a bit of fat to a medium heat. Cook half of your red onion (about 1/4 of an onion) with your garlic until the garlic is fragrant and the onion is transparent.
3. Add your ground turkey to the skillet, stirring well. Cook until well done, about 8-10 minutes.
4. Once your ground turkey is almost cooked through, add your taco seasoning, stirring well. If your meat looks dry at this point, you can add a bit of water. Take the heat down to low.
5. While your turkey is soaking in the seasoning, add all of the dressing ingredients to an immersion blender or regular blender, and blend until smooth (you can add water if you want to change the consistency of the dressing).
6. Grab a bowl and start layering! Romaine at the bottom, a layer of veggies, ground turkey, another layer of veggies, some fresh salsa, and finally your dressing! You can top with a few extra garnishes as I mentioned (cilantro, cheese, sour cream, more salsa, hot sauce, etc).
Love this recipe? Snap a picture and post it on our Facebook page.